Rafa Mir has confirmed his Wolves exit on Instagram.
The Spanish striker sent a message to the club’s fans amid reports that he is set to sign for Sevilla.
Mir was close to joining Atletico Madrid earlier this summer but when that move didn’t materialise, he returned to Wolves training.
But he won’t be making a first appearance for the club since 2018, as he is bound for the exit door.
Mir clearly holds affection for the Wolves fans. But it’s clear the time is right to move on.
With just one year remaining on his contract, this summer represents the best chance Wolves will get to recoup some money for him.
He could have stuck around as third choice striker but this solution suits all parties.
Perhaps Wolves will use the money his exit raises to dip into the transfer market, as Bruno Lage still needs a centre-half, a midfielder and a backup striker.
- Wolves absolutely fleeced Premier League rivals this summer – opinion
- Report: 62-year-old manager with 12 career trophies has shown interest in Wolves job
- What a 'visibly upset' Julen Lopetegui said at his press conference today, amid Wolves rumours
- Wolves reach pre-agreement for 56-year-old to succeed Lage at Molineux – journalist
- 'What's the problem?': 27-year-old suggests why he didn't sign for Wolves this summer