Rafa Mir has confirmed his Wolves exit on Instagram.
The Spanish striker sent a message to the club’s fans amid reports that he is set to sign for Sevilla.
Mir was close to joining Atletico Madrid earlier this summer but when that move didn’t materialise, he returned to Wolves training.
But he won’t be making a first appearance for the club since 2018, as he is bound for the exit door.
Mir clearly holds affection for the Wolves fans. But it’s clear the time is right to move on.
With just one year remaining on his contract, this summer represents the best chance Wolves will get to recoup some money for him.
He could have stuck around as third choice striker but this solution suits all parties.
Perhaps Wolves will use the money his exit raises to dip into the transfer market, as Bruno Lage still needs a centre-half, a midfielder and a backup striker.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham