Wolves are set to make an opening offer for Goncalo Guedes within days, as per ESPN.
Guedes is a Jorge Mendes client and the super agent is overseeing the potential deal.
He has apparently told Valencia to expect an offer from Molineux soon.
Guedes wants to leave this summer and the La Liga club will let him go for the right price.
What is that price? The report says it’s at least 25 million euros (£21.4 million).
Valencia looked into a swap deal involving Rafa Mir but his impending move to Sevilla has put paid to that.
Perhaps Wolves will use the money from the sale of Mir to bid for Guedes.
That would be something of a surprise given a central defender and a midfielder are needed more than another forward.
After a frustrating summer, Wolves fans will only believe that they are going to bid and they have concrete interest once reports are further down the line than this one.
This writer’s personal opinion is that Guedes would only come in as a replacement for Adama Traore.
That’s the only way it makes financial and tactical sense for the club, but we shall see.
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media
- 'Perplexed': Simon Jordan questions 42-year-old who turned down Wolves, amid new reports
- Wolves and Newcastle ask about 21-year-old star who's been compared to David Silva – journalist
- How Wolves star Ruben Neves got on for Portugal in thrilling contest vs Ghana at the World Cup
- 'He's got something': Ally McCoist raves about electric Wolves target in World Cup thriller