Wolves are set to make an opening offer for Goncalo Guedes within days, as per ESPN.
Guedes is a Jorge Mendes client and the super agent is overseeing the potential deal.
He has apparently told Valencia to expect an offer from Molineux soon.
Guedes wants to leave this summer and the La Liga club will let him go for the right price.
What is that price? The report says it’s at least 25 million euros (£21.4 million).
Valencia looked into a swap deal involving Rafa Mir but his impending move to Sevilla has put paid to that.
Perhaps Wolves will use the money from the sale of Mir to bid for Guedes.
That would be something of a surprise given a central defender and a midfielder are needed more than another forward.
After a frustrating summer, Wolves fans will only believe that they are going to bid and they have concrete interest once reports are further down the line than this one.
This writer’s personal opinion is that Guedes would only come in as a replacement for Adama Traore.
That’s the only way it makes financial and tactical sense for the club, but we shall see.
- Report: Wolves battling Southampton and Eddie Howe for £25m star, Lage has made contact
- 'I'm ready': Star who's played just 10 minutes under Lage ready to fight for chances at Wolves
- Matheus Nunes' mother reacts, with 23-year-old set to sign for Wolves imminently
- 'Massive plus': Former Wolves star talks up returning 28-year-old as he brands duo 'poor'
- Edwards suggests Wolves should look at £20m PL striker, he was sent off at Molineux last year