Reports from Brazil claim that Wolves defender Marcal is already in negotiations over an exit from Molineux in the summer.
Goal claim that Botafogo are in talks with the 33-year-old over taking him back to his native Brazil in the summer transfer window.
Marcal has been in and out of the Wolves side this season and Bruno Lage’s men do look more threatening when Rayan Ait-Nouri starts at left-back.
He has played three of the last four Premier League games so Lage clearly values his experience and pedigree.
That said, Ait-Nouri represents the future at Molineux, and the return to fitnes of Jonny means that Lage would not even really need to recruit a deputy.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
Perhaps the future of Ki-Jana Hoever will have an impact as of course Jonny could be needed more often on the right if the former Liverpool man departs.
Next season, Ryan Giles could return to the fold after a campaign out on loan which has seen him scoop ten assists for Cardiff and Blackburn.
So Lage has options and if the report is to be believed, he can feel comfortable in letting Marcal depart after a slightly underwhelming time at the club.
Of course, the more immediate focus is on tomorrow’s game against Leeds at Molineux, where Marcal could well start despite the rumours.
- 4-2-3-1: Wolves predicted XI v Luton Town; time for a win?
- Gary O’Neil heaps praise on ‘hugely important’ Wolves ace
- Wolves ace wants to ‘score against Luton’ as he targets three points
- ‘We didn’t know’: £35m Wolves player now says he thought he could’ve left this summer
- ‘If it wasn’t for him’: Fabio Silva says Wolves man is the ‘biggest’ reason he stayed at Molineux