Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves was linked with a summer move to Arsenal earlier this month.
Football.London journalist Chris Wheatley covers the Gunners and has given an update on the situation on Periscope (28 mins).
He doesn’t feel an exit is imminent, but feels that the rumours are being driven by Jorge Mendes.
He suggested that Mendes is trying to get his client out of Molineux this summer, earning a big-money move.
“In terms of Ruben Neves, those links came out a few weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything since,” said Wheatley when asked for the latest on Neves.
“From what I know and just looking at the situation, it does look like an agent-led link. He’s with Jorge Mendes.
“He’s one of the biggest agents in the world and he’s trying to get his client a big summer move to Arsenal, who would probably pay him a bigger salary than he’s on at Wolves.
“I don’t think that one is likely to happen at the moment but he’s a player Mikel Arteta likes.”
Will Neves leave?
The good news for Wolves fans is that an exit doesn’t seem imminent for Neves.
The not so good news is that Mendes is apparently trying to move one of the club’s best players out of Molineux.
That’s the thing with Mendes – he’s helped Wolves get some top players but he’s a ruthless operator and will move them on just as quickly if that helps him and his clients.
But it doesn’t seem like Arsenal are close to buying him. Do they even have the money required?
Time will tell whether Mendes moves his attention onto any other suitors as the summer wears on.
- Report: 'Very special' 27-year-old Wolves ace now at the centre of a four-way transfer battle
- Lopetegui must turn to 23y/o Wolves 'superstar', after strong international break – opinion
- 'Fantastic': Lopetegui thinks his Wolves players should all be just like 20-year-old
- 'Like him or not': Wolves boss Lopetegui urged to be especially wary of divisive £25m ace
- 'Always': £26.5m player has started learning English after being linked with Wolves