Wolves have made an approach for Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma, according to TF1.
But they report that the French international has turned down a move to Molineux.
The defender, who won the Champions League with Chelsea last season, has other options apparently.
Everton and Roma are both keen, and the Italians’ new boss Jose Mourinho was the man who brought the Frenchman to Chelsea.
Tottenham, now of course managed by Nuno Espirito Santo, are also said to be keen.
Zouma isn’t the only player both Wolves and Spurs want this summer. Apparently Schalke’s Matthew Hoppe fits that bill too.
Wolves looking to strengthen at the back
The reported swoop indicates that Wolves are looking to strengthen their central defensive options this summer.
Bruno Lage could do with a dominant central defender to add to his squad.
That’s especially pertinent if he’s planning on playing a back four at Molineux.
Conor Coady will expect to keep his place at the heart of defence but an improvement on the options capable of playing in a central defensive duo wouldn’t go amiss.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury