Contrasting reports have emerged about Ruben Neves’ Wolves future on deadline day.
The Express claimed earlier in the day that Manchester United were going to try one last time to buy the midfielder.
But the Athletic claim that United are not in for Neves, who is now away on Portugal duty.
They say that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer likes Declan Rice but United can’t afford him at his current price.
There has been talk about Neves all summer but has he ever been close to leaving?
It hasn’t looked that way at any point and Neves looks happy and settled at Molineux.
His early season performances have been of a high standard and he has adjusted well to Bruno Lage’s ideas.
Wolves fans will be hoping the Athletic claim is right and all the evidence from the summer so far is that’s the case.
- Russell Jones explains why Wolves have signed a record deal
- One Premier League team’s journey shows Wolves can do good things under Lage
- Edwards criticises Saiss’ defending in Wolves loss to Brentford
- Nigel Lonwijk eyeing Premier League chance with Wolves
- Wolves fans give their first impressions of Hwang Hee-chan