Wolves have reportedly fielded interest from Tottenham for Conor Coady this summer.
90Min report that Nuno Espirito Santo wanted to reunite with his former captain at his new club.
But Spurs have apparently had to move onto new central defensive targets now.
That’s because Coady is not for sale at any price.
The report claims he is viewed as ‘untouchable’. That’s how highly he is regarded by the club’s hierarchy.
On top of that, the England international is settled at Molineux and not looking for a move.
A club not wanting to sell their captain might seem obvious. But context is everything.
The report claims Wolves are open to offers for Ruben Neves and Adama Traore this summer.
They’re also top players but seemingly Wolves feel they could rebuild without them using the money their sale would bring in.
But Coady is not considered in that category, if this report is to be believed.
It would have been a bit of a blow of Nuno had signed a player from Wolves this summer.
But the club are standing firm on Coady and seemingly see him as integral to the Bruno Lage revolution.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut