A report from Spain is claiming that Barcelona want to re-sign Adama Traore.
Traore’s future is back on the agenda now that the January transfer window is open and he has not signed a new deal.
His current contract now has around 18 months left to run and that will attract interest and speculation for as long as it remains unresolved.
Barcelona’s financial issues are well-known but Xavi is trying to reshape his squad in his first transfer window in charge at the Nou Camp.
Sport report that Xavi wants Traore if Barcelona offload Ousmane Dembele as he looks to try and get the club back to their former glories.
The big issue is that their budget is constricted by their financial situation and the La Liga spending restrictions.
That means that Barca are weighing up a part-swap deal including Francisco Trincao to try and get Traore back to the Nou Camp.
Would this be a good deal for Wolves?
It doesn’t look like it. The only way it makes sense to sell Traore is once it is absolutely clear that he will not sign a new contract.
Then, Wolves will try and get the biggest fee possible to fund a revamp in other areas of the pitch.
But Wolves already have an option to buy Trincao independent of Traore’s future and that decision will be taken based on his contribution this season.
You can see why Barcelona would weigh up a bid like this but on paper, it only seems to help them at this stage.
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media
- 'Perplexed': Simon Jordan questions 42-year-old who turned down Wolves, amid new reports
- Wolves and Newcastle ask about 21-year-old star who's been compared to David Silva – journalist
- How Wolves star Ruben Neves got on for Portugal in thrilling contest vs Ghana at the World Cup
- 'He's got something': Ally McCoist raves about electric Wolves target in World Cup thriller