Portugal swept aside Luxembourg in World Cup qualification last night, winning 5-0.
Reported long term Wolves target Joao Palhinha started at the heart of the hosts’ midfield, alongside Molineux midfielder Joao Moutinho.
By the time Palhinha was replaced by Molineux man Ruben Neves on 73 minutes, he had a goal to his name.
His Instagram message translated to: “Very happy for the big win!
“Fantastic atmosphere today at the stadium in the Algarve! There are two finals left to reach our goal. Thanks to all of Portugal for your support.”
Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and Wolves loanee Francisco Trincao both reacted to his performance in the comments.
Trincao’s message translates to: “you play so much,” and perhaps the pair could be club teammates soon if Wolves dip into the market for a new central midfielder in January.
The latest reported valuation from August was £34 million, which is certainly not cheap.
But his performance last night showed what spending big could get for Wolves.
As per WhoScored, he put in a 9/10 performance, making seven tackles and completing more than 94 per cent of his passes as well as scoring Portugal’s fourth goal on the night.
He has been in fine form at club level this term too, and last night was another reminder of his quality.
- Predicted Wolves XI to face Fulham: Lage makes Guedes decision, 21y/o keeps place
- 'It would be best': Manager says £54m striker linked with Wolves can leave club
- Report: Wolves interested in 35-cap international defender, but Italian trio are lurking
- 'Could be improved': Former Wolves star makes interest claim about Lage after working under him
- £12.6m Wolves striker target will leave his club soon, two PL clubs keen – Fabrizio Romano