Wolves goalkeeper Matija Sarkic is spending the season out on loan at Birmingham City.
Neil Etheridge is still recovering from the effects of Covid, which has handed Sarkic the opportunity to start the season as Lee Bowyer’s number one.
He has started all of the Blues’ five Championship games so far and kept three clean sheets.
Birmingham have the joint-best defensive record in the division, only conceding three goals thus far.
They currently sit eighth in the table, and look decent early contenders to put together a play-off push.
Sarkic also enjoyed the honour of his first competitive Montenegro appearance during the international break.
The result wasn’t what he was looking for – a 4-0 loss to the Netherlands – but it was still a proud moment.
That international recognition tips a decent start to the campaign for the 24-year-old.
The next challenge will come his way when Etheridge comes back to full fitness and can battle for the number one spot.
But things are going well so far, and Sarkic will hope to continue playing a starring role as Birmingham keep things tight at the back.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham