Wolves loanee Ryan Giles got the first assist of his loan spell with Championship promotion chasers Blackburn Rovers last night.
Rovers came from behind to beat Derby 3-1 to collect a first win in four league games at Ewood Park.
Giles began the game on the bench but came on with ten minutes remaining and set up Sam Gallagher’s goal to make the game safe late on.
That was the first time that Giles has laid on a goal since moving to Blackburn from Wolves in January but it is far from his first assist of the season.
He collected nine assists during his time with Cardiff in the first part of the campaign, despite their struggles down at the lower half of the table.
The result keeps Blackburn fourth, well and truly in the play-off mix, although it is a tight race where Rovers cannot afford too many more hiccups.
If Giles could play a crucial part in getting Blackburn up then it might go some way to convincing Bruno Lage he is ready for a role in the top flight.
That said, the next step might be a loan switch within the Premier League, although of course for the time being his focus is on matters at Blackburn.
- Report: Source close to national coach makes worrying claim about Wolves player
- 3 other free agents Wolves could look at after Denayer blow, including one-time £42m player
- Journalist delivers crushing blow for Wolves with update on 27-year-old
- How reported Wolves target Alexander Djiku compares to Collins and Kilman so far in 2022/23
- Wolves may have regrets over £130m ace set for superstardom, he's like Thierry Henry – opinion