Wolves loanee Patrick Cutrone scored his first goal for Empoli yesterday.
Empoli travelled to face Salernitana, who sit rock bottom of Serie A and raced into a 4-0 first half lead.
Cutrone made it 2-0 after just 11 minutes and that goal has been a long tim coming.
It was his first goal in 25 appearances for Wolves, Empoli, Fiorentina and Valencia.
That is a run dating back to July 2020, when Cutrone scored for Fiorentina in a 2-0 win over Torino.
That indicates the loss of form and confidence the striker has endured over an extended period of time.
The game ended up 4-2, as Empoli held off a home fightback. As per WhoScored, Cutrone had four shots, two of which were on target.
He also laid on a key pass, but only had 25 touches in 71 minutes on the pitch, so it is clear there is still work to be done.
Cutrone will hope to use today’s goal as a springboard for better things to come.
Empoli are now tenth in Serie A after the win, with four wins from their nine matches so far.
The Italian frontman has the monkey off his back now and should be looking to push on from here.
- Owen Hargreaves hails Adama Traore after display against Burnley
- Bruno Lage names Wolves starting XI to face Burnley
- Wolves fans react as report makes Dion Sanderson recall claim
- Sa outlines ambition to play in the Champions League
- Could Marcal be the ideal replacement for AFCON-bound Saiss?