Wolves legend Steve Bull has praised Max Kilman’s early performances this season.
Left-footed Kilman has played an unfamiliar role on the right of a back three under Bruno Lage.
His performances have been so good that he’s earned a fully deserved nomination for Wolves Player of the Month award.
And Bull told the Express and Star how impressed he’s been with the 24-year-old defender.
“It is good to see Willy Boly back, but he has to fight for his place now. Boly won’t come straight into the side because I think the back three have been tremendous,” he wrote.
“Max Kilman has done absolutely brilliant and with Conor Coady and Romain Saiss, I think that is our solid back three at the moment.
“Whoever is trying to get the shirt off them has got to try even harder than before. Kilman has been one of the stand-out performers so far, he’s grabbed the opportunity with both hands.
“He won’t lie down and be happy with a spot on the bench, he wants to play week in, week out and you can see that by his brilliant performances.”
Kilman fully deserves the praise
Kilman has been exceptional in the opening weeks of the season.
His performances have been even more impressive when you factor in the fact he’s playing on the wrong side, under a new manager, who wants to make sweeping changes from Nuno Espirito Santo’s approach.
Hopefully Kilman can keep his performances going. It would be deeply unfair on him if he was the man to miss out whenever Boly comes back into the side.
- Report: 22-year-old Wolves target gives green light to join league champions, could cost £34m
- £30m Wolves star bags first international goal in over a year, as he's also handed captaincy
- Report: Nottingham Forest now want 30-year-old Wolves player who is in 'strange' situation
- Report: Wolves especially keen to sign 29-year-old and are ready to pay £17m
- 'Worked so hard': Dave Edwards shouts out £50,000-a-week man as Wolves make decision