Opta have produced a stat which puts Bruno Lage’s Wolves side on a par with European giants Real Madrid and AC Milan.
Wolves have won the joint-most matches by only one goal in Europe’s top five leagues during the 2021/22 season.
Only Real Madrid and Milan can match that tally, with the former still in the race to win the Champions League as well as leading La Liga.
When Bruno Lage took over from Nuno Espirito Santo, it might have been assumed that some of the defensive solidity from the Nuno Espirito Santo era would go by the wayside.
But actually, Nuno was finding it harder and harder to keep Wolves tight and it needed Lage to come in and try and get the team pressing higher.
The approach has been transformed but Wolves have also retained an ability to grind out results, knowing they do not need many goals to win games.
That is handy, because they do not score many really, so it is the defence which is the bedrock for the push for European football.
That is the dream for Lage in his first season and it would be some achievement in his maiden Premier League campaign.
The key is to keep it going now and Wolves got back on track with some momentum from the 1-0 win over Everton on Sunday.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion