Vitinha spent the season on loan at Wolves but didn’t get a huge amount of opportunities to show what he can do.
The Old Gold apparently have the opportunity to sign him for £18 million this summer.
He’s taking the chance at the UEFA Under 21 European Championship with Portugal to show what he can do.
Vitinha helped set up the goal which took his country through to the final last night.
Portugal beat their bitter rivals Spain in last night’s semi-final, to set up a meeting with Germany.
The winning goal was actually an own goal by Jorge Cuenca but Vitinha’s ball opened up the opportunity.
Nuno Espirito Santo preferred the more experienced names last season and it remains to be seen if any new manager would fancy him.
Bruno Lage got a reputation for putting faith in talented young players at Benfica, which could suit Vitinha.
Promising summer for Wolves
Wolves have more players than ever in the senior European Championship, which kicks off a week today.
Add in Vitinha’s crucial contribution to Portugal’s run to the final of the junior competition and it’s a promising summer.
There is talent there for the new boss to work with as he looks to move Wolves on after a season where they slipped back somewhat.
Vitinha could well be part of that if £18 million is a price which is deemed worthwhile this summer.
- Wolves’ reported interest in Costa makes little sense and it would be a surprise if he joined
- Yerson Mosquera may have ideal mentor at Wolves
- Some Wolves fans react to links with Benfica teenager Ramos
- Some Wolves fans react to report linking them with Diego Costa swoop
- Report: Wolves interested in young Benfica striker Ramos