Wolves defender Ruben Vinagre has completed his loan move to Sporting.
He’s given an interview to his new club’s official website where he shared how thrilled he is with the move.
Vinagre, 22, says he’s now playing for his ‘dream club’ on loan with an option to buy him.
“I’m returning to a place where I was very happy, and I hope to be happy again there,” said Vinagre. “The times I spent here, in the youth system, were very good. I was always very motivated to get into the first team.
“Coming back here, after leaving when I was still young, makes me very proud. The first day has been excellent, you can see that the group are very united, and they are all very happy. It will be easy for me to adapt,”
“Playing in England was positive. I grew up as a player there. It’s a different style of play and the league is very intense and physical, but the Portuguese league also has a lot of quality and brings through many young players.
“It’s a step forward, and I am now at my dream club. I’ll give everything for this team. Sporting CP were the toughest opponent I faced last season. You could see that the group was very close.”
Wolves backing Ait-Nouri over Vinagre
It was a case of one in, one out in terms of Wolves left-backs. Vinagre will be replaced by Rayan Ait-Nouri at Molineux.
He’s signed a permanent deal with the club after impressing on loan last season.
Vinagre says he improved in England but obviously not enough to nail down a slot with Wolves.
And it’s worked out well for him now, going back to a club he was with as a young player between 2012 and 2015 but left before he made it to the senior team.
- Report: Rapid Vienna and many other clubs now interested in £800k Wolves talent
- Report: 22-year-old likely to leave Wolves even though his mentality has impressed officials
- Report: 24-year-old is likely to leave Wolves on loan this summer, EFL club want him permanently
- Report: Senior Wolves staff really like 24-year-old midfielder, but he's still likely to be sold
- Report: AC Milan now make approach to sign 13-goal Wolves star Lage has only played three times