Adama Traore’s move from Wolves to Barcelona is getting nearer and nearer.
Tottenham have dithered throughout the window and the Nou Camp club have rapidly sorted out a deal to sign the winger.
The Athletic report that Traore is set to join Barca on an initial loan deal with the option to buy him for around €35 million (£29.1 million) at the end of the season.
And he has now been spotted back in Spain ahead of the return to the club where he came through the ranks as a teenager.
The same report expects a deal to go through after his medical today (Friday) with the days ticking down on the transfer window.
Clearly, the move will not get Wolves any money in immediately, but it does put a temporary end to the chatter over the Spaniard’s future.
That said, they could find themselves in a situation come the summer where Traore has even less time on his contract and Barcelona do not buy him.
Their financial issues are well-known, and it is an option to buy and not an obligation which should be far more concrete.
The saga looks to be coming to an end for now anyway, and Pedro Neto’s impending return from injury should fill the gap in the squad.
- Neville and Carragher both made glaring Wolves snub on MNF last night – opinion
- 'Every day': Lage says 23-year-old Wolves man works so hard in training, loves managing him
- Wolves star has now said yes to working with his old manager next season – journalist
- 'Isn't there': Dave Edwards shares what he noticed about Molineux atmosphere on Sunday
- 'Machine': Nelson Semedo compliments Wolves teammate on Instagram, after 'unflinching' 7/10 display