Ruben Dias has offered some words of praise for two Wolves players.
Dias plays with Pedro Neto and Joao Moutinho at international level and named them in a conversation about the best players he’s played with.
The title-winning defender said Moutinho is the best passer he’s ever played alongside, while Neto was in the conversation over the best dribbler.
When asked on YouTube about the best passer he’d ever played with, Dias said: “I will go with Moutinho.
“I have trained with him many times. You know the quality of the player from games but when you train with the person you see the real quality. He is top class, believe me.
When asked about the best dribblers, Dias put Neto up there with Cristiano Ronaldo and Bernardo Silva, who have both won three Premier League titles.
Of course, Dias could have been a Wolves player had things been different.
The Athletic reported in January that Nuno Espirito Santo tried to sign the defender in 2019.
Wolves apparently didn’t fancy the £50 million asking price from Benfica and Dias joined City for £65 million (Sky Sports) in September.
He has transformed their defence, and is rightly one of the top contenders for the end of season individual awards.
He’s also a decent judge of a player…
- Wolves U23s boss James Collins says Kam Kandola is ‘stepping up to the plate’
- Wolves fans react to Hwang Hee-chan training clip
- Fernando Marcal discusses working under ‘great’ communicator Bruno Lage
- James Collins praises Conor Carty after goal for U23s last night
- Wolves-linked Rafael Leao catches the eye against Liverpool