Taylor Perry has left Wolves on loan to join Cheltenham Town for the season.
Mike Duff’s side play in League One, having been promoted from League Two as champions last season.
The move is Perry’s first loan exit from Molineux and comes after he signed a new contract earlier this summer.
Technical Director Scott Sellars spoke to the club website about the decision to loan out Perry.
“Taylor has had a really strong pre-season with the first-team, he’s really focused and has come back in good physical and mental condition. He has worked hard and had his opportunity,” said Sellars.
“This will be Taylor’s first loan and we think it’s really important, to be in a first-team environment daily, where there’s a really good chance you’re going to play every week, is now what Taylor needs.
“From day one under Bruno, TP has been involved in all of it, so it’s a great experience for him, training under a new manager, it all adds to his development, and now this loan move is what he needs.
“We now feel he needs that every week in a first-team environment.”
Perry sent out a short message on both Twitter and Instagram to mark the move.
The switch comes days after Perry admitted he’d rather stay at Molineux and fight for his place.
But as Sellars said, the club clearly feel that battling for a place in the team every week is what he needs to do now.
Perry has the technical ability to make a real impression in the third tier but he will have to impress Duff and mix it in a physical, demanding league.
- Manager responds when asked if he is expecting Wolves to recall loanee from his club
- Video: Adama Traore pictured in Barcelona ahead of joining from Wolves
- Report: Only an extraordinary offer would lure Wolves ace from Molineux before the deadline
- Some Wolves fans react as Moutinho and Lage are nominated for Premier League awards
- Report: Wolves monitored Mesut Ozil-like youngster, but he's signing a new deal