A bizarre report from Spain has linked Real Madrid with a raid on Wolves this summer.
Spanish outlet Defensa Central claim that the Spanish giants are tracking Fabio Silva.
Silva is of course the club’s record signing, having arrived from Porto last summer for more than £35 million (BBC).
They report that Silva is an option as Real look for a new centre-forward this summer.
It seems like this report has no legs.
Why would Wolves sell their record signing the very next summer, having not seen anything like the best of him?
The only reason would be a huge offer and Madrid aren’t flush with cash right now.
That’s why they’ve loaned out Gareth Bale – to save money. That’s why they joined the ham-fisted European Super League and are clinging to it for dear life.
Wolves signed Silva for the future. He is being lined up as the long term successor to Raul Jimenez.
They’re not going to let him go for anything less than a monster fee – which surely won’t be forthcoming anyway. That was the gist of the reaction to the report on Twitter:
- Don Goodman shares the Wolves feeling about Hwang Hee-chan
- Alan Shearer names Wolves duo in latest Team of the Week
- Bruno Lage faces Fabio Silva dilemma for Wolves
- Wolves fans love one specific thing Jose Sa did on Sunday
- St Mirren boss Goodwin delighted with Wolves loanee Ronan