Bruno Lage will be announced as the new manager of Wolves next week, according to the Express and Star.
They report that the fact he was granted a work permit on Wednesday has left the coast clear for him to take over at Molineux.
There are still some formalities to sort but they are not expected to be a problem.
Lage’s brother Luis Nascimento will join the coaching staff too, according to the report.
He has been an assistant manager at Rio Ave, to managers including Carlos Carvahal.
Lage has worked with Carvahal at Swansea and Sheffield Wednesday so it’s clear that their ideas about football align.
The report has been underwhelming for some Wolves fans on Twitter, while others called on the fans and owners alike to properly back the reported impending new arrival.
Here’s how the report that Wolves look set to decide their new manager before Euro 2020 kicks off went down:
- Don Goodman shares the Wolves feeling about Hwang Hee-chan
- Alan Shearer names Wolves duo in latest Team of the Week
- Bruno Lage faces Fabio Silva dilemma for Wolves
- Wolves fans love one specific thing Jose Sa did on Sunday
- St Mirren boss Goodwin delighted with Wolves loanee Ronan