Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo has commented on defender Rayan Aït-Nouri ahead of the clash with Tottenham on Sunday.
Aït-Nouri is on loan at Molineux and Nuno spoke about the areas in which he still needs to improve.
Wolves travel to Spurs on the back of a 2-1 comeback win over Brighton last weekend.
Nuno’s men have next to nothing to play for but perhaps Aït-Nouri is still playing to impress the manager to the extent he earns a permanent deal.
Nuno said: “”The talent offensively is there, youth, but the Premier League is very demanding..
“You need to improve your one-on-one defensive (work).
“He’s doing well but has a lot of things to improve to become the player we (want to) see.”
Some Wolves fans in the replies debated whether it’s worth buying Ait-Nouri in the summer.
Wolves have the option to buy the left-sided defender for £20 million from French club Angers.
But some fans on Twitter were asking whether it’s worth spending that money when they have Ryan Giles at the club.
He spent the second half of the season on loan with Rotherham, but was unable to prevent them slipping back into League One.
There is a debate to be had over whether Giles should be given his opportunity next season or if Ait-Nouri should be signed full-time.
Here’s how Nuno’s comments went down:
- Wolves transfer news: Adama Traore an alternative to Hakimi for Chelsea
- Wolves’ reported interest in Costa makes little sense and it would be a surprise if he joined
- Yerson Mosquera may have ideal mentor at Wolves
- Some Wolves fans react to links with Benfica teenager Ramos
- Some Wolves fans react to report linking them with Diego Costa swoop