Wolves defender Romain Saiss has made more clearances than any player in the Premier League this season.
The international break offers an ideal time to look at FBRef’s statistics from the top flight season so far.
They show that nobody has managed to better Saiss’ tally of 71 so far in 2021/22.
Saiss is two ahead of his nearest competition, Liam Cooper of Leeds United.
Norwich City pair Grant Hanley and Ben Gibson are also both in the top ten, which is a reflection of how much defending they have had to do for the struggling Canaries.
Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has made 61 as the Red Devils toil under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The number of clearances is a reflection on how much defending Saiss has to do, in some part.
Perhaps Bruno Lage would rather Saiss was not as busy but he is clearly doing his job well.
Another Wolves man leading the way in terms of stats is Francisco Trincao, who has eight nutmegs to his name so far.
- Bruno Lage provides update on injured Wolves star Willy Boly
- Journalist says Buur is likely to leave Wolves on loan in January
- Edwards says Adama Traore has lost his confidence
- Mark Lawrenson makes prediction for Wolves vs Burnley
- Reported Wolves target Sven Botman set to return for Lille after two-month injury lay off