Wolves new-boy Jose Sa has hailed his new manager Bruno Lage in an interview with the club website.
He said he knew Lage from his Benfica days but had never worked directly alongside him.
Sa also said he already knows many of Wolves’ Portuguese players and said he spoke with new teammate Ruben Neves before he arrived.
Neves is also out in Marbella with Sa and both could play their first pre-season game against Real Betis tomorrow evening.
“It’s been very good. I already knew him from Benfica times,” said Sa of Lage.
“We never worked together in the Benfica academy, despite the fact we were there at the same time.
“But from what I have already experienced, he’s a very good coach, with good ideas and we are excited to start the new season and start getting results.”
On playing with Wolves’ Portuguese contingent, he added: “It’s always good to have other players that we already know, so, it’s been very good. Before I signed, I spoke with Ruben [Neves] and Rui Patricio.”
Wolves’ Portuguese flavour could help Sa settle in more quickly and he’ll certainly hope that’s the case.
As for Lage, it seems he’s an intense operator and has been working hard to get his messages across in pre-season.
Those methods will get a sterner test against Betis tomorrow but as ever with pre-season, fitness is more important than results.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham