Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves has been ruled out of the Portugal squad for their crucial World Cup qualifiers.
Neves limped out of the crazy 3-2 defeat to Leeds United on Friday night, in the first half, not long after Whites striker Patrick Bamford exited the fray.
All we know about the issue so far is that it is a knee problem and it is keeping Neves out of a vital week for his country.
Portugal play Turkey in Porto on Thursday night, looking to set up a place in the one-off final, where they are on a collision course with Italy.
Like Neves, Pedro Neto and Nelson Semedo have been ruled out via injury but Joao Moutinho will be involved and Jose Sa has had a late call-up.
Ahead of the big game, Neves sent a message to his Portugal teammates on Instagram while Wolves fans wait for more news on the extent of the injury.
Translated, it read: “Too bad I can’t make my contribution on the pitch at this very important time.
“I am once more, on our side, giving all possible support to achieve our goal. Let’s go Portugal!”
Neves will hope that his teammates can seal a World Cup spot for the end of the year and the world stage would be the perfect platform to showcase the improvement he has shown this season.
- Report: Player Wolves sold for £8.6m this year could already make PL return
- 'So important': Scott Sellars reacts to big Wolves announcement
- Report: Wolves could move for 31-year-old who was more clinical than Kylian Mbappe last season
- 'Keep an eye on': Another PL club now want to buy 22-year-old from Wolves – journalist
- Report: Wolves made 'big play' to sign youngster years ago, now he's making £5m PL move