Ruben Neves has admitted he never expected to play alongside Joao Moutinho, his Wolves and Portugal teammate.
The pair have both been included in Portugal’s squad for the crucial forthcoming World Cup play-off against Italy.
And speaking to the Athletic, Neves made plain his admiration for his experienced midfield partner, who he called ‘amazing’.
“I’ve said so many times that he’s a winner and his mentality is to win,” Neves said of Moutinho.
“I never thought I would be playing alongside him. We’re playing together for four years, a long time.
“That will make a huge difference for my career, I can say I played for four years with one of the best midfielders Portugal had. It’s amazing to learn every day with him, and to be his partner.”
The pair make an outstanding partnership despite their relative lack of pace across the ground and are a huge part of Wolves’ success.
Perhaps a more physical, pacy midfielder would give Bruno Lage a different option in the summer but Moutinho’s future is still crucial.
He – and every Wolves fan – will be hoping that Moutinho commits his future to Molineux, with talks already reportedly underway.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion