Former England defender Rio Ferdinand has lavished praise on Wolves manager Bruno Lage.
Speaking on his YouTube channel, Ferdinand said he recently paid a visit to Compton Park.
The ex-Manchester United man said he came away so impressed with Lage and what he is trying to do at Molineux.
Wolves suffered a setback against Crystal Palace, but Ferdinand seems to think they have got the right man in charge.
“Their manager impresses me by the way,” said Ferdinand of Wolves.
“At the end of the season, I’ll be interested to see where Wolves are.
“I actually had the fortune to go to the training ground the other day and I spent half an hour, 45 minutes, speaking to him about his ideas and visions of the game. He sold it to me well.”
Perhaps Ferdinand’s visit was part of a piece which will come out on YouTube or BT Sport soon.
If so, perhaps it will offer some more insight into Lage’s methods, but there is no indication whether that will be the case.
It bodes well that Ferdinand was so impressed by what he heard from Lage.
It seems he has a clear vision of what he wants to achieve, and just needs to smooth out the bumps in the road to get there, and adjust Wolves from Nuno Espirito Santo’s methods to his.
- Julen Lopetegui must use £5m player from the Wolves bench more regularly – opinion
- Report: £14m Wolves star flying home to have second opinion on injury
- 'Have to say': BBC pundit makes claim about Julen Lopetegui after Leeds sack Jesse Marsch
- Julen Lopetegui shares the reason he dropped Nathan Collins for Wolves on Saturday
- 'I cannot answer': Lopetegui responds when asked if £3m Wolves star will play this season