Wolves coaches apparently think Morgan Gibbs-White is the best academy player they’ve produced in 20 years.
The Athletic say they’ve been told by Old Gold academy coaches that they haven’t produced a better talent than the midfielder for two decades.
Gibbs-White has been thrust into the spotlight once again after his late winner against Brighton yesterday.
The report mentions that Gibbs-White hasn’t had much luck this season.
He was doing okay at Swansea – who have since qualified for the Championship play-offs on loan.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
Then injuries at Wolves brought him back but he hasn’t had as many chances as he’d like.
It seems there isn’t a natural role for him if Nuno Espirito Santo uses a three-man backline.
But as the Wolves boss searches for more energy and attacking invention – moving to a four-man defence – greater opportunities should open up.
There’s no reason not to play him in the closing matches of the season, with precious little on the line.
That’s as much to see if he can settle on a role in the side as much as anything else.
- ‘It’s a penalty’: TalkSPORT pundit explains why VAR was right to give penalty
- 16 duels won, 7 clearances: Wolves man was rock solid v Luton Town
- ‘I’m desperate’: Gary O’Neil explains what needs to happen
- Mike Dean now slams VAR decision made during Wolves v Luton
- Gary Lineker gives instant verdict on VAR decision in Wolves draw