According to the Daily Mail, Liverpool are expecting to sell Divock Origi this summer.
They report that the Reds remain keen to sign RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate when the window opens.
That’s despite posting losses of more than £45 million recently. That means some players need to leave to balance the books.
Origi, 26, is an Anfield cult hero after scoring in the 2019 Champions League final but has hardly featured this season.
The Belgian has made just two Premier League starts so far this season.
Even when Liverpool’s home form fell of a cliff and their forwards looked exhausted and short on ideas, Jurgen Klopp seldom called on Origi.
But where do Wolves fit into this?
Well, the Athletic reported in December that the Old Gold have long term interest in signing the forward.
A deal didn’t happen in January, with Wolves electing to sign Willian Jose on loan instead.
He has just one goal to his name so far so it’s fair to say that move hasn’t worked out so far.
When Raul Jimenez returns, Wolves’ attack should be transformed, but this season has underlined the need for suitable alternatives.
Perhaps the interest in Origi will be renewed in the summer. Liverpool and Wolves of course did business last time around, with Diogo Jota and Ki-Jana Hoever swapping clubs.
That relationship could help Wolves land Origi when he leaves Anfield, as expected, in the months ahead.
- Report: Wolves receive major boost this evening regarding £85,000-a-week player
- Report: Club want to set even bigger release clause for £53m player Wolves want to sign
- 24-year-old Wolves ace 'seriously' on PL giants' transfer radar – journalist
- 'Best player on the pitch': Pundit says 25-year-old was top drawer in Wolves vs Leeds
- 'I am lost for words': Former Wolves player aghast at 'ridiculous' decision in Leeds clash