A report by the Athletic has offered an insight into the early weeks of Bruno Lage’s reign at Wolves.
They report that he is a big fan of midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, and that he could be set for a big season.
In 2020/21, Gibbs-White made only four Premier League starts, having spent the first half of the season on loan at Swansea.
But as Lage tries to implement a more attacking style of play, Gibbs-White could have more of a role to play this season.
The report also outlines a difference in Lage’s approach, compared to his predecessor Nuno Espirito Santo.
They say that Nuno was a manager who was primarily focused on the first team.
But Lage is apparently keen to bring all departments of the club together. His focus is clearly a lot wider.
Lage has apparently made a good first impression and is popular with the players and staff.
Time for Gibbs-White to shine
If Wolves are going to make a success of Lage’s new style, they need quality, creativity and unpredictability in those forward areas.
Gibbs-White can provide that and Lage’s approach looks better set up to get the best out of him than Nuno’s.
If he gets a chance when the serious stuff starts, the onus will be on the midfielder to take his opportunity.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham