Raul Jimenez played a competitive game at Molineux for the first time in 2021 on Sunday.
Unfortunately, the Mexican talisman was unable to get on the scoresheet in the 1-0 defeat to Tottenham.
But speaking to the club website after the game, he did have a message for the Wolves fans.
“Since the beginning, I never took my eyes off that,” said Jimenez of playing in front of the crowd again. “I wanted to be here again, I wanted to be here with all the fans and the supporters.
“For them and for us it’s almost been a year-and-a-half, more or less, maybe a little bit more, that they’ve been waiting for this moment.
“We wanted to give them the happiness of winning, but this is football. We have to keep working because we have another match on Tuesday.”
Wolves put in a performance on Sunday which should provide real optimism among the fans.
The goals will come if Wolves keep creating chances and Jimenez is the perfect man to finish them off.
It’s important that the fans keep the faith and patience. The fixture calendar wasn’t kind to Wolves.
Jimenez is still finding his sharpness too after so long out, but it won’t be long until he’s scoring again.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham