Former Molineux midfielder David Edwards says Ruben Neves is one of Wolves’ best players of the last 30 years.
In his Express and Star column, Edwards hailed Neves after his goalscoring performance in the 2-1 win over Leicester on Sunday.
Neves opened the scoring in the crucial victory and Edwards shared the insight he got from the midfielder when he interviewed him recently.
“I had the pleasure of interviewing Ruben Neves for Wolves’ website last week. It was a fascinating couple of hours. Having more of an insight to how much it means to him playing for Wolves, what he thinks of the fans and his team-mates, he is really all in at Wolves. It feels he’s indebted to them bringing him in as a 20-year-old.
“What an asset he is. The way he acts, talks, leads, and then you put that on top of the ability on the football pitch. He’s got to be one of the best footballers Wolves have seen down Molineux in the last 30 years, surely, he’s that good.
“He’s going to have so many suitors. I think he’s one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, he’s certainly in that conversation for the No.6 role.
“I’m hoping he’ll stay for a long, long time, but it was fascinating hearing about his life in Wolverhampton.”
The whole of the interview Edwards talked about can be watched here.
It would be a real boost if Neves really is all-in at Molineux, because if he commits his long-term future, Wolves will always have a talisman to build around.
His commitment cannot be questioned so far and his quality has been exceptional this season as he looks to have gone to another level under Bruno Lage.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion