Ki-Jana Hoever got an opportunity to impress when Wolves faced Tottenham last night.
Hoever is second choice right wing-back behind Nelson Semedo, but Bruno Lage brought him in for the EFL Cup clash.
That was one of nine changes as Wolves battled back from 2-0 down to 2-2 before losing on penalties.
After the game, Hoever took to Instagram to thank the fans for their support and express his desire to move on quickly.
We wrote earlier this week that Hoever may well have felt he had a point to prove to Nuno Espirito Santo last night.
Pedro Neto was clearly impressed with his teammate’s performance, based on the message he left in the comments.
Morgan Gibbs-White, currently on loan at Sheffield United, also had his say.
As per WhoScored, Hoever made four tackles on the night, which was more than any of his teammates.
He was also an attacking threat too, with nobody else in Lage’s side making more key passes than his two.
Whether it’s enough to get him into the side for Premier League matches remains to be seen, but Hoever made a decent fist of his opportunity.
- Predicted Wolves XI to face Fulham: Lage makes Guedes decision, 21y/o keeps place
- 'It would be best': Manager says £54m striker linked with Wolves can leave club
- Report: Wolves interested in 35-cap international defender, but Italian trio are lurking
- 'Could be improved': Former Wolves star makes interest claim about Lage after working under him
- £12.6m Wolves striker target will leave his club soon, two PL clubs keen – Fabrizio Romano