Ki-Jana Hoever got an opportunity to impress when Wolves faced Tottenham last night.
Hoever is second choice right wing-back behind Nelson Semedo, but Bruno Lage brought him in for the EFL Cup clash.
That was one of nine changes as Wolves battled back from 2-0 down to 2-2 before losing on penalties.
After the game, Hoever took to Instagram to thank the fans for their support and express his desire to move on quickly.
We wrote earlier this week that Hoever may well have felt he had a point to prove to Nuno Espirito Santo last night.
Pedro Neto was clearly impressed with his teammate’s performance, based on the message he left in the comments.
Morgan Gibbs-White, currently on loan at Sheffield United, also had his say.
As per WhoScored, Hoever made four tackles on the night, which was more than any of his teammates.
He was also an attacking threat too, with nobody else in Lage’s side making more key passes than his two.
Whether it’s enough to get him into the side for Premier League matches remains to be seen, but Hoever made a decent fist of his opportunity.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday