Nuno Espirito Santo has criticised Wolves’ finishing in yesterday’s 2-0 loss to Tottenham.
Nuno told the club’s website that Adama Traore, Joao Moutinho and Fabio Silva all had chances to score.
But he was frustrated because they didn’t test Hugo Lloris in the home goal and it was an abject attacking performance.
Wolves played like a side with nothing to play for, while Spurs are still chasing a spot in the Europa League.
“We had good situations offensively, good combinations, but you look at the end and we didn’t test [Hugo] Lloris.
“We didn’t put the ball inside of the goal, so terrible finishing.
“At least put the ball for the goalkeeper to have some work, that’s the main objective of finishing – we have to improve on that.
“The responsibility of the goals is for all the team and it can happen in all the situations. Today we had Fabio [Silva], Joao [Moutinho], Adama [Traore], we had situations we could finish.”
Raul Jimenez’s return next season will help Wolves no end but Nuno has to figure out if his side’s attacking problems run deeper than that.
Wolves have been a cautious, counter-attacking side since they returned to the top flight but Nuno has tried to make a change to a more proactive style this season.
That move to a four-man backline and a less reactive style isn’t bringing results or performances at present.
Nuno will hope that he can refine it with a pre-season and a transfer window before returning to play in front of fans next term.
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media
- 'Perplexed': Simon Jordan questions 42-year-old who turned down Wolves, amid new reports
- Wolves and Newcastle ask about 21-year-old star who's been compared to David Silva – journalist
- How Wolves star Ruben Neves got on for Portugal in thrilling contest vs Ghana at the World Cup
- 'He's got something': Ally McCoist raves about electric Wolves target in World Cup thriller