Romain Saiss and Nelson Semedo took part in a festive game of Guess Who? for Wolves’ official YouTube channel, in a video which was posted earlier this week.
It ended in relative chaos as Saiss accused Semedo of misleading him by saying he had played alongside Francisco Trincao for Barcelona, when he hadn’t.
Near the end of the video, Saiss said: “Why are you talking about Barcelona? My friend, Barcelona is finished. [Lionel] Messi’s gone, everyone is gone from this club.”
And off camera, Semedo said: “I know it’s finished but…” and the issue likely surrounds the meaning of the word.
In the way Saiss said it, it could have meant finished as a force at the top level, with Messi leaving and their current struggles.
But Semedo could well have just meant he is aware his time at the Nou Camp is over. In any case, he has felt it necessary to take to Instagram to apologise to the Barcelona fans.
His message read, translated: “For all the Cules fans who say I disrespected the club I would never do that. You understood it wrong and keep saying things that are not true.
“So I’m going to clarify out of respect for the club and my ex-teammates and friends that I left at the club.
“I never wanted to say that Barca was over and that my path in Barca was over since I’m no longer a player of the club.
“I am very grateful to have played for Barca and I will always be a Barcelona fan.”
There has clearly been a big reaction from Barcelona fans to the extent that Semedo feels he needs to apologise.
Something has been lost in translation here and there is frustration around the Nou Camp with the club currently sitting seventh in La Liga.
Hopefully Semedo has put the situation to bed and it is a shame that a genuinely funny video has led to this.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority