Wolves manager Bruno Lage has offered an update on Yerson Mosquera’s injury.
Mosquera made his first start of the season against Tottenham on Wednesday night.
But he was stretchered off inside the first ten minutes and Lage expects the defender to be out for a period of months.
Mosquera seemingly has a muscle problem, although it’s not clear whether it’s related to the issue which interrupted his pre-season.
Mosquera was the only new central defender Wolves brought to the club during the summer.
That inability to sign a new, more experienced centre-half is now being thrown into even sharper focus.
For the next couple of months, Lage is left with largely the same central defensive options which got Nuno Espirito Santo out of the Championship.
And it means that a player who has shown glimpses of real promise since his arrival has suffered another major setback.
Concussion protocols mean that Rayan Ait-Nouri will also miss the match against Southampton at St Mary’s.
That’s also disappointing because the youngster put in an impressive performance but now Lage’s defensive options are depleted again.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday