Wolves manager Bruno Lage has conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of the second clash with Arsenal this month.
The Gunners won the fixture at Molineux 1-0 but Wolves gave a good account of themselves that night and perhaps deserved at least a draw.
That was the only league loss of 2022 and that good form is down in no small part to Ruben Neves who opened the scoring in Sunday’s 2-1 win over Leicester.
Speaking ahead of the game at the Emirates Stadium, Lage lavished praise on the midfielder, saying: “He has done very well since he came here and helped build the success of the club.
“He is 24 and if he continues to work and play like he is, he can put our team on a different level.”
Neves has been linked with Arsenal in the past and the Gunners do not have a midfielder who is playing as well as the Portugal international right now.
With the two clubs very much in the hunt for the same objectives right now, would Neves really see a move to north London as an upgrade right now?
Tomorrow night’s game may go quite some way to deciding which of the teams finishes higher this season and Neves of course hit the headlines for his comments after the reverse fixture.
He was not impressed by the celebrations of Mikel Arteta’s side at full-time and Neves will be hoping it is him and his teammates with something to cheer by full time tomorrow night.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion