Bruno Lage has given his first extended interview to Wolves’ official website.
Lage has now had six weeks in his new job and spoke about the need to get to know his squad better.
He’s only had a few days with some of the players who were at Euro 2020 this summer.
And he said he wants to get to know three of them better, now that he finally has his entire squad together ahead of today’s clash with Stoke.
“When I planned the pre-season, I planned it in two periods – the first three weeks and then the next three weeks. In the first three weeks, I tried to know everyone,” he said.
“I tried to know the players, to understand the dynamics and preparing everything with the guys here. Now I have all the squad, I want to know [Conor] Coady better.
“I want to know Adama [Traore] better, I want to know Leander [Dendoncker] better. And I want to create a good energy.
“We now need to train with our idea, and that’s why we’re training in the morning and the afternoon, that’s why we have meetings in the morning and afternoon, so everyone can understand our idea.”
Lage can now impart ideas to key players
Lage was able to get his ideas across from the first day of pre-season, but a lot of his most important players weren’t there.
Now they are, and someone like Coady is going to waste no time in getting to grips with his new manager’s philosophy and being the man who organises and implements it on the pitch.
That dynamic between the new manager and captain will be vital, as of course will be the speed at which the international stars get used to what Lage wants.
It seems he’s trying to implement a more attacking style, which should produce more entertainment at Molineux this season, but only time will tell.
- 'One thing that stood out': £3.3m Wolves ace shares Lopetegui trait that impressed him in 2022
- Report: Julen Lopetegui wanted to keep £27.5m Wolves player but he wanted out
- 'Proactive': Matt Hobbs says £13.5m Wolves man really wanted fresh move that 'ticks every box'
- 'Nothing in': Wolves have no interest in 'rapid' 22-year-old PL defender – journalist
- Report: £29m Wolves star could leave Molineux at the end of the season, league leaders keen