Wolves youngster Ki-Jana Hoever has posted on Instagram after making his debut for Netherlands Under 21s last night.
The 19-year-old came on as a second half substitute in a 3-0 victory over Moldova.
It was the team’s first qualifying match for the 2023 European Championships.
Goals from Joshua Zirkzee, Jurgen Ekkelenkamp and Brian Brobbey sealed a routine win.
Hoever was one of 15 new call-ups into the squad by manager Erwin van de Looi.
And the former Liverpool defender took to Instagram after the match to mark the milestone.
The post drew responses from teammates including captain Conor Coady, who congratulated Hoever on the next step in his career.
To now be in the picture for Under 21s is a boost, and Hoever will hope to force his way into the starting XI before long.
Becoming involved with the U21 side for his country will hopefully give Hoever more confidence.
He has had to be patient at club level so far this season and the chance to get a game and make a leap forward in his career can only be a good thing.
- 'The club's strategy': £1.78m man shares potential theory behind Wolves' slump
- '8/10': Local press hail Wolves star again after his display last night
- 'Me and the boys laugh': Lage baffled by what he's heard being said about Wolves
- 'It is not like': Klopp makes claim about Wolves after Liverpool win again last night
- Sunday will be very interesting for £13.5m Wolves star, after Lage promise in March – opinion