Wolves youngster Ki-Jana Hoever has posted on Instagram after making his debut for Netherlands Under 21s last night.
The 19-year-old came on as a second half substitute in a 3-0 victory over Moldova.
It was the team’s first qualifying match for the 2023 European Championships.
Goals from Joshua Zirkzee, Jurgen Ekkelenkamp and Brian Brobbey sealed a routine win.
Hoever was one of 15 new call-ups into the squad by manager Erwin van de Looi.
And the former Liverpool defender took to Instagram after the match to mark the milestone.
The post drew responses from teammates including captain Conor Coady, who congratulated Hoever on the next step in his career.
To now be in the picture for Under 21s is a boost, and Hoever will hope to force his way into the starting XI before long.
Becoming involved with the U21 side for his country will hopefully give Hoever more confidence.
He has had to be patient at club level so far this season and the chance to get a game and make a leap forward in his career can only be a good thing.
- Don Goodman shares the Wolves feeling about Hwang Hee-chan
- Alan Shearer names Wolves duo in latest Team of the Week
- Bruno Lage faces Fabio Silva dilemma for Wolves
- Wolves fans love one specific thing Jose Sa did on Sunday
- St Mirren boss Goodwin delighted with Wolves loanee Ronan