Ki-Jana Hoever has already been impressed by new Wolves manager Bruno Lage.
In an interview with the club’s official website, he said he ‘likes’ the new man in charge at Molineux.
Lage took charge of his third pre-season game last night but it ended in a 3-2 loss to Las Palmas.
Hoever did score an impressive goal on the night, pulling the score back to 2-1 on 53 minutes.
“I like him,” said Hoever when asked about adjusting to life under Lage at Wolves.
“Of course, it’s not a style that we were used to with the former coach, but I think it’s good.
“Everyone in the group can play more than one style and is able to play in other positions.
“So, we’ll just keep improving and working hard, and hopefully when the season starts, everyone will know what to do, everyone’s ready, everyone’s fit.”
Hoever was of course brought in by Nuno Espirito Santo but has a clean slate now under Lage.
Lage brought through young players well during his time at Benfica and Hoever is among the talented youngsters he could develop at Wolves.
As the former Liverpool man said, it’s good for Wolves to have different styles to call upon when needed.
Perhaps they’ll marry Nuno’s defensive steel with a touch more ambition under Lage, making Wolves adaptable and flexible when the season starts.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham