Experienced goalkeeper John Ruddy has lavished praise on Wolves loanee Francisco Trincao.
Trincao is spending the season at Molineux on loan from Barcelona and has started every Premier League game so far.
He’s a bag of tricks, and Ruddy told the Express and Star how impressed he’s been with the 21-year-old.
“He’s a very smooth player. He gets the ball, knows what he’s doing with it and his touches are very good,” said Ruddy of Trincao. “Very assured.
“His movement is really good and he looks like he’s going to add a great deal to our squad.
“If you come from Barcelona you’ve got something about you, haven’t you. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of him, but he’s looked really good so far.”
The next step for Trincao is to take games by the scruff of the neck and bend them Wolves’ way.
He has the ability to do exactly that and is looking more and more comfortable with every passing game
Trincao has his first Wolves goal already – from the 4-0 EFL Cup thrashing of Nottingham Forest – so that monkey is off his back and he’ll only go from strength to strength.
- Wolves had no shots on target vs Brentford
- Wolves couldn’t contain dominant Brentford striker Ivan Toney in 2-0 defeat
- Martin Keown criticises Wolves defender Marcal
- Raul Jimenez calls for Wolves response on Twitter
- Wolves have lost the most Premier League games at home in 2021