Wolves captain Conor Coady has shared his first impressions of and lasting admiration for midfielder Joao Moutinho.
Speaking on the In the Stiffs Podcast with former Molineux midfielder David Edwards, the England captain has raved about the Portuguese playmaker.
Moutinho came to Molineux in July 2018, following their promotion back to the Premier League and is still so vital to what Wolves want to do.
“Moutinho came in and you go ‘this fella’s the one’. He’s just special. Smelt a million dollars as well! Tanned, just looking great!” said Coady.
“I remember his first session, he came in and trained with his laces undone. I’m thinking this fella is a joke. He’s a proper player.
“It must have only been a light session but I’d never dream of doing it. I remember at the end of training and trying to make conversation, asking him where he’s thinking about living and he’s just been in Monaco!
“What a player, what a signing he’s been for us. Even now, I think he’s 35 and he’s smashing it every week. Fit as a fiddle, he just keeps going and going. Incredible footballer.”
Moutinho’s contract situation of course remains up in the air, with talks set to take place in the closing weeks of the season.
He may decide that he wants to see out his career at former club Porto or somewhere else but what a player he has been for the club.
His arrival in the Premier League was mooted for some time, with Tottenham and Manchester United linked when he was younger but he has proved his quality in England time and time again.
- Report: Player Wolves sold for £8.6m this year could already make PL return
- 'So important': Scott Sellars reacts to big Wolves announcement
- Report: Wolves could move for 31-year-old who was more clinical than Kylian Mbappe last season
- 'Keep an eye on': Another PL club now want to buy 22-year-old from Wolves – journalist
- Report: Wolves made 'big play' to sign youngster years ago, now he's making £5m PL move