Every Wolves fan knows how much Raul Jimenez was missed when he was out injured last season.
Even though he only has one goal to his name so far, Jimenez has still made an impact this term.
As per WhoScored, Jimenez has created more chances from open play than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues.
Jimenez clearly took confidence from his goal against Southampton, which drew plaudits from across the world of football.
But he has been contributing aside from that, and set up two goals for Hwang Hee-Chan against Newcastle last time out.
Perhaps if Wolves’ finishing had been better in the early part of the season, Jimenez would have more assists to his name too.
Even near the start of the season, when Jimenez didn’t look at his sharpest, Bruno Lage kept the faith.
This stats is just one reason why and now the Mexican hitman is approaching something close to his best.
And if Hwang can keep sticking the ball in the back of the net, more assists lie in wait for Jimenez.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday