Fabio Silva has paid tribute to Wolves captain Conor Coady for the help he’s offered him in his maiden season at Molineux.
As per the Express and Star, Silva said Coady has done a lot to help him settle and raise his confidence.
Silva hasn’t found it easy since coming to England and he’s probably played more than he was expecting because of the injury to Raul Jimenez.
“Sometimes because he speaks too quickly, I say ‘Conor you have to relax because I’m Portuguese, I don’t understand a lot so you have to go slow’,” said Silva.
“I have to say, for me, he is the best captain. He helps a lot, not only me, but the team.
“He is a guy who you goes with you and speaks with you when you have to improve.
“When you have a good game he will say you have to continue, don’t relax and go again. He is an amazing guy.”
Coady can help Lage too
There might be a question mark over whether Coady will slot into Lage’s preferred back four system.
But his leadership qualities will be so important to the incoming manager in terms of keeping a settled dressing room.
Coady will of course hope to return as a European Championship winner, which would elevate his career to a new level.
But it’s clear from Silva’s comments what Coady does behind the scenes, and Lage should lean into that.
- Sheffield Wednesday boss Moore delighted to sign Wolves starlet Corbeanu on loan
- Bruno Lage says Wolves must improve their set piece defending
- Have Wolves missed out on a potential star in Leon Bailey?
- Some Wolves fans react to reported Palhinha bid
- What Matt Wild and Jeff Shi said, as some Wolves fans panic about new signings