Wolves striker Fabio Silva started once again for Portugal’s Under-21 side on Friday night.
Silva only made his debut at that level in September, but he has started all four of their European Championship qualification matches so far.
Their latest match was an away assignment against Cyprus, which ended in a 1-0 win.
Goncalo Ramos, who was linked to Wolves in June, netted the only goal of the game.
After the game, Silva celebrated the victory on Instagram with a message which simply translated to ‘good win’.
Silva is yet to start a Premier League game this season and has dropped into Wolves’ Under-23 side at times to get minutes on the pitch.
Going away with his country means he starts games and that must be good for his fitness and confidence.
Silva and Portugal take on Cyprus again on Tuesday, this time at home.
- Wolves fans react as report makes Dion Sanderson recall claim
- Sa outlines ambition to play in the Champions League
- Could Marcal be the ideal replacement for AFCON-bound Saiss?
- Wolves now considering Dion Sanderson recall
- Wolves have the chance to avenge 4-0 Burnley thrashing