Wolves youngster Pascal Estrada has spoken about the differences between Bruno Lage and Nuno Espirito Santo.
In an interview with Laola1, from his native Austria, Estrada said that Lage is more emotional, and has a larger coaching staff which has resulted in more links with the Under-23 side.
It seems there is a bit more direct contact with Lage than there was with Nuno, and that is something which has impressed Estrada.
“As a guy, Bruno Lage is a really cool character who definitely lives football and, unlike his predecessor Nuno Espirito Santo, is also very emotional,” said Estrada.
“I think you can tell on the pitch that he’s a very emotional person! Of course that impresses you as a young player. There is feedback in training, directly from the head coach (Lage).
“He obviously also has a larger coaching staff around him, in which one of the coaches goes into more detail about the youngsters.
“For example, I have a lot to do with the coach who is responsible for defensive work. Then, big half-yearly and annual talks take place with the coaching staff of the reserve team.”
It seemed Nuno was more distant, and just focused on the first team doing as well as they could.
That worked to a point, but perhaps did not do much for youngsters like Owen Otasowie and even Fabio Silva, but Lage has a reputation for developing young players.
That has gone down well with Estrada, who said elsewhere in the interview that he is hoping to make his Premier League debut at some point this season.
With Lage at the helm, given his connection with the younger players at the club and their coaches, that could be possible.
- 'There are more': Fabrizio Romano has transfer warning for Wolves today
- Report: Club can barely afford to keep 23-year-old, with Wolves keen to sign him
- 'Maybe even two': Journalist shares what Lopetegui could be planning to do for Wolves in January
- 'My plan is': Wolves player who's barely played in 22/23 comments on his future ahead of January
- 'He has been a miss': Wolves told they have got to get 'off the boil' player right