Wolves defender Ki-Jana Hoever scored his first goal for the Netherlands’ Under-21 side on Monday.
He scored the Dutch’s second goal against Gibraltar in Euro 2023 qualifying as they ran out 7-0 winners.
As well as that goal, Hoever also laid on two assists for striker Joshua Zirkzee.
One was a cut-back from the right, while the other was a cross as the Dutch dominated throughout.
After the game, the Jong Oranje’s manager Erwin van de Looi praised Hoever.
As per Dutch outlet Voetbal International, he said: “The right side was great. Ki-Jana was always in the right place offensively.
“His quality is that he keeps looking for a cross. He managed to reach Joshua through precise crosses.
“We do have great options on that right side of defence with Ki-Jana and Jeremie Frimpong.”
The standard of the opposition has to be taken into account but Hoever could not have done much more in the game.
He got a rare opportunity to impress Bruno Lage and took his chance. That first goal will have been a special moment.
It is to be hoped that helps him return to club action with increased confidence.
- Owen Hargreaves hails Adama Traore after display against Burnley
- Bruno Lage names Wolves starting XI to face Burnley
- Wolves fans react as report makes Dion Sanderson recall claim
- Sa outlines ambition to play in the Champions League
- Could Marcal be the ideal replacement for AFCON-bound Saiss?