Former Wolves midfielder David Edwards has lavished praise on Francisco Trincao.
Trincao showed his skill and poise again at the weekend as Wolves finally got off the mark with a 2-0 win against Watford.
The 21-year-old’s performance earned rave reviews from some Wolves supporters on Twitter.
And Edwards wrote in his Express and Star column that he was also impressed with the wideman.
“I must say I thought Trincao looked absolutely sensational at times on Saturday,” said Edwards.
“Some of his touches, the way he receives it and glides through midfield was very impressive, it seems he is starting to adapt to the league.
“Those (wide) positions ask so much physically for Wolves and in the Premier League and you see from the substitutions made it’s generally in attack when you’re looking for a goal or some fresh legs.
“It feels like the reins are off now and there’s real freedom.”
The next step for Trincao is to add goals and assists to his game. In fairness, that’s something which could be levelled at all of Wolves’ forwards so far.
He is a silky winger, who produces moments of magic which please the fans and get them excited.
But now he needs to make contributions which win matches for Wolves, swinging tight games their way.
He has the quality and the signs are he’s confident enough to do it now.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: One change from Norwich stalemate
- Bruno Lage responds when asked whether Daniel Podence will return for Wolves v Liverpool
- Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of Wolves v Liverpool tomorrow
- Journalist says Wolves were 'as close as you could be' to signing 'amazing' ace in the summer
- 'Played well again': Amazon pundit praises Wolves star who is 'not the quickest' after 0-0 with Burnley