Conor Coady is away on England duty at Euro 2020, getting ready for the semi-final against Denmark tomorrow night.
Coady hasn’t played a minute at the tournament yet but has apparently impressed Gareth Southgate with his attitude.
Yesterday, he also joined Instagram.
And he wasted no time in digging out teammate Ki-Jana Hoever using the platform.
Hoever posted the above photo to mark the end of the first day back at pre-season training.
Not an awful lot to see there, you might think? But Coady spotted Hoever in the gym with his ear-rings on.
He left a comment on the post, jokingly telling the youngster to pay his fine for breaking what must be a training ground rule.
It goes to show that the captain’s duties never stop, even when he’s away on international duty.
Coady’s influence on the dressing room will be a big help in getting Bruno Lage bedded in.
From that point of view, it’s not ideal that he’s away with England during Lage’s first few days.
But if comes back as a European Championship winner, it’ll elevate him to a new level and his confidence will be through the roof.
And we’ll see when Hoever pays his money…
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury
- Max Allegri talks up Aaron Ramsey, amid Wolves transfer links
- Could Bruno Lage now prise away one of Benfica’s strikers?
- Wolves defender Marcal explains what it’s like playing with Raul Jimenez
- Wolves fans react to Lage’s comments on squad depth