Conor Coady is still not back in training with Wolves after his involvement in Euro 2020.
He will rejoin the rest of the squad next week when they come back from their pre-season training camp in Marbella.
One man who is back in training is Joao Moutinho. He was granted a break after the Euros too and missed the 1-0 loss at Crewe on Saturday.
But he’s back working hard in Marbella and posted an update on training on his Instagram page.
A fairly standard message, but skipper Coady, who has recently joined Instagram responded.
He praised the way Moutinho has been training – or potentially the shape he looked to be in in the picture.
Either way, Coady is impressed and Moutinho will hope that Bruno Lage is similarly impressed.
It’s a clean slate for everyone but Moutinho will be as important as ever to the club despite the change of manager.
If Lage wants to play a 4-4-2, that’ll place different demands on Moutinho, especially if a pressing game is deployed.
He’s got the quality to play in any system but it’s just getting the legs around him in midfield.
Moutinho might get his first outing of pre-season against Real Betis tomorrow night.
- Bruno Lage identifies three areas Wolves need to improve
- Reported Wolves target Oliveira scores last-gasp free-kick winner for Porto
- Journalist thinks Lage will name unchanged team against Southampton
- Which kit will Wolves wear against Southampton?
- Lage responds when asked whether Podence will get a chance in the league